Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Plans for today .....

Take advantage of having no kids and read a little bit!

Make Pumpkin Soup (so easy and so delicious - just cut up one butternut pumpkin, one onion throw it all into a pot with a little water and add two tablespoons of chicken stock powder - cook until soft then tip out some of the water otherwise it's really runny and then blend together). Done, so tasty and the kids love it!!

Go and pick up some candle stock from my Manager's house for party I'm doing tomorrow night.

Iron - yuck!

Post Birthday Card to Nana (Aaron's grandmother).

That's it!

I did something this week I've never done before - I got acupuncture done!

I have to tell you I was really nervous about having somebody stick hundreds of small needles into my body but I thought, what the heck - I don't experience enough pain in this life right!!?!?! Hmmmm.

It all sounded very good in theory but when it came time to actually getting it done - phew, I was sweating bullets!

When she put the first needle in my hand (yeah, that REALLY soft sensitive part of your hand in between your thumb and index finger) it stung like nothing else. You can imagine how excited I was about getting 18 more needles put in!! But surprisingly enough none of the others hurt - I didn't even feel them go in. It was actually quite relaxing.

And guess what - no headaches since I had it done on Monday - this is good for me as I usually get a headache every day with varying degrees of intensity so I'm STOKED about the results so far!

I have to get one session a week for the next 3 - 4 weeks! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

mmm pumpkin soup!!
gasp!!
i dont think i could do acupuncture!!
but i'm glad its workin for ya.