Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday To You...

Yesterday was Lauren's 4th Birthday.

I can't believe she's 4 already! I still think of her as "my baby". I have to stop doing this - she's never going to grow up if I keep thinking of her that way!

She really enjoyed her birthday this year. I think it's the first year she has REALLY understood it's her birthday and that she was being celebrated.

Everytime somebody wished her a Happy Birthday she would say "Happy Birthday" back to them with a huge smile on her face. She just loved it being her birthday. She sang Happy Birthday all day - "Happy Birthday dear Lauren, Happy Birthday To You". Very cute.


In other news, Aaron has recovered from his weekend illness - vomiting again!

Ashleigh is doing really well at school. I met with her teacher for the first time this week and she seems like a really good teacher - firm but nice.

What is going on with this weather? Every time I do a load of washing it decides to pour with rain. It's driving me nuts. Lauren vomited on our sheets today (must have caught Aaron's bug) and our laundry stinks of vomit but I can't wash anything because there's nowhere to hang it!

Anyway, I'm off to make Ashleigh's lunch for school tomorrow and then I'm going to bed! I need a good book to read. Anyone got any ideas????

Take care.

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

sorry to her that bug is circling your family...

hooray for birthdays and super sweet 4 year olds!!

re: books- i enjoyed
in the company of the courtesan
and
the birth of venus
(both by sarah dunant)

i'm currently reading
PROMISE ME
by harlen corben

hth

xoxo