Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't Ask

So today's our 8th wedding anniversary and well, let's just say it's been "memorable".

Aaron came home from work early today as sick as a dog. He's got a really bad case of tonsillitis so we had to cancel our dinner plans and get take away instead. Story of my life! But that's OK - this way I didn't have to get all done up - I could lie around in my pjs and enjoy myself while Aaron slept.

Here's a funny story ....

One night last week after I had just put Ashleigh down to sleep she came running out to the kitchen.

Crying she said "Mum, I just accidentally swallowed a marble." "Am I going to die now?"

As she caught me at a bad time - the end of the night when I'm the most tired I replied:

"Yes, Ashleigh. Now go and say goodbye to Daddy."

Aaron looked at me mortified. He couldn't believe I had just said that and in hindsight neither can I. I'm such a bad mother.

Anyway, Ashleigh finally excreted the marble on the weekend with a big plop in the toilet. I've never seen her so happy in all her life!

Oh, by the way, we did explain to her that she wasn't going to die. I'm not that bad a mother.

I'm off to bed now. It's been a long day.

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

oh MEL!!
you had us all laughing until our sides hurt!!

that is too funny!