Thursday, May 31, 2007

Canvas Complete!

Done! I finished my canvas today. I love the end result. I just need to wait until it completely dries before I can seal it. What do you think??!!



It was hard getting a good photo because the flash kept reflecting off the gloss on the middle canvas but you get the idea.

Lately, I've been really concerned about Ashleigh lagging behind at school but I was talking to a friend the other day about Ash and she told me something I really needed to hear ....

She told me that it's important to remember that school isn't for everyone. She knew of a boy who was REALLY bad at school and often failed subjects but when he got out of school he became a mechanic and now he can pull apart a car (or anything electrical) and put it all back together again and know exactly where each part goes.

It's reassuring to know that your kids don't have to excel at school. It's so easy to get caught up with wanting them to be the best in everything they do but at the end of the day as long as they're happy that's all that matters!

Who knows what Ashleigh will be good at - but one thing's for sure, whatever it is, I know she'll do it well.

Lauren's hair is starting to get real long again. Her curls are starting to take over. There's one curl in particular that is so adorable - it hangs down the front of her face and it springs up and down whenever she runs. It's so cute.


I'd better run - we're having beef stir fry tonight and I've got to get some more vegies!!

No comments: