Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thief in the Making ...

As you know, Ashleigh has been desperately saving her pennies to buy herself a sari (indian dress type thing). Nanny and Poppy were very generous and gave Ashleigh some gold coins in her bid to get more money to buy the dress and she very carefully placed it on her dressing table.

Tonight when she got in to bed she screamed out "WHO STOLE MY MONEY!?!?" I went in to her room to see what the problem was and noticed that all of her nicely stacked gold coins were missing. We searched everywhere thinking they may have fallen off but they were nowhere to be found. I asked Aaron if he had taken them, thinking they were change from her lunch order but he hadn't taken it.

Then I snuck in to Lauren's room and I thought I'd have a look in her piggy bank. I knew roughly how much money she had in there previously as she only had about two gold coins. And there, in all their glory, I found Ashleigh's 6 gold coins (plus the two that actually were Lauren's).

I then took them in to Ashleigh and told her I had found them. I didn't tell her WHERE I'd found them, just that I'd found them. I couldn't deal with the screaming and yelling and gnashing of teeth!

I can just imagine Lauren strolling in to Ashleigh's room seeing the gold coins on her dressing table, picking them up (with a huge smile on her face), taking them in to her room and depositing them one by one into her piggy bank.

So there you have it - we have a thief in the making!! Little, quiet, innocent Lauren!!!


ANOTHER FUNNY ....

I was driving Ashleigh home from gymnastics this afternoon and she asked me:

"Mum, is there food in the ocean?"

I answered: "Of course there is".

Ash: "What?"

Me: "Fish and prawns and octopus ...."

Ash: "What about chips?"

She wanted to make sure there was food in the ocean in case she turns in to a mermaid! She was a little disappointed when she found out there were no chips!!

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

lol
that's cute...
i'm shocked that little lauren
took the coins!!