Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Random ......

So we ended up not having Cooper for the weekend. The poor dog had a bowel problem. I'm kinda glad he got the problem on the Friday night before they left otherwise I would have a poopin' dog all weekend which would not have gone down well!! I'm the one who has to clean it up!

We were at Parklea Markets on the weekend getting fruit and vege and to Ashleigh's absolute joy and astonishment we walked past an Indian clothing stall! She was so excited when she found the perfect sari for herself - she tried it on and it looked fantastic!! She fell in love with it as soon as she saw it but being the horrible mother that I am I made her wait to get it this Saturday. I wanted her to understand that you can't always get things when you want them. I told her we had to go to her bank and get out her money to pay for it next week. So we're off to Parklea markets again on the weekend!! She's so happy! I'll post photos!

It's been a pretty sad week for us this past week. We've been to two funerals in one week.

I don't know if things are getting tougher or if I'm just more aware of things now that I'm older but it seems that so many people I know have some sort of cancer or illness. It's a little scary to be honest but I try not to think about it too much. It makes you realise your own mortality and how short our life really is. I never feel like I'm doing enough!!

On a happier note, tomorrow is Wednesday - Lauren dreads it but I rejoice it!

I really look forward to my Wednesday's. It's the one day in the week that I have no kids and I usually try to cram everything in:

Housework
Shopping - Lauren hates shopping so it's much easier to do it without her
Family History
Beauty appointments
Write out my dinner schedule for the week, and
RELAX!!!

I sometimes even get a chance to SIT DOWN and eat lunch instead of eating it at the kitchen bench whilst doing the dishes and feeding Lauren and folding clothes and opening mail and organising dinner and answering phones ......... the list goes on!

On the agenda for tomorrow:

8.40am - drop Ash at school
8.55am - drop Lauren at kindy
9.10am - go to Medicare at Castle Hill
11am - Beautician
12pm - Rouse Hill Shops to buy something for Nana and my best friend in Melbourne and post them.
1pm - Come home and do some housework
2.30pm - go and pick up Lauren at kindy then Ash from school

So as unexciting as it sounds at least I'm KID FREE!!

What have you got planned???

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

work.
:(
i'd much rather go hang out with you!!
but i suppose that wouldn't pay the bills
much as i wish it would... lol
thanks for offering up the tim tams.
unfortunately i am CERTAIN they'd
cost much more to mail than i'd be willing to pay...
but you are AWESOME to ask!!
xoxo