Saturday, June 16, 2007

Just an Observation ....

Today when we got home from Ikea I sat down in front of TV to relax. I had only just sat down when Lauren comes up to me repeating "Mum ...... Mum ...... Mum ....." I tried ignoring it thinking she'd give up and go away but that only made things worse and made me more frustrated. Then Ash comes up and starts playing with her toys right at my feet talking incessantly.

So then I tried moving to the kitchen to start cooking dinner then they BOTH followed me into the kitchen and just followed me around .... not doing anything in particular, just getting under my feet. As if I wasn't sick of them by my side enough!

Then Aaron took over dinner so I tiptoed to the spare bedroom to do some ironing. Not 2 minutes later Ashleigh had sniffed me out and decided to call Lauren in to play on the bed while I ironed. They screamed and carried on. THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!

Then I got to thinking, I wonder if there is EVER going to be a time when I actually miss having them around?? It's a little hard to imagine right now because I'd give anything to have a weekend alone with Aaron without the kids hanging around.

Does that sound selfish??? I just really miss the peace and quiet and just being able to do whatever I want - BY MYSELF!!! No shadows following me to the toilet. No faces at the shower door waiting for me to get out!!

Seriously, I really wonder if there will ever be a time that I long to have these times back - to have them under my feet? Hmmmmm......

No comments: