Thursday, June 07, 2007

Aquarium

Ashleigh had a school excursion to the Aquarium at Darling Harbour yesterday. She was so excited to tell me about all the animals she saw. She told me about the sharks, the penguins, the seals, the fish, the seahorses and then there was this:

"I also saw the ummmmm..... what do you call them Mum? They are green and they look at each other."

Now, I ask you, could you answer that question? I certainly couldn't. And when I couldn't answer her she got frustrated with me - like it was my fault she couldn't remember!! After a few minutes she remembered and here is what it was:

LIZARDS!

Go figure - an Aquarium and they've got lizards! I can't imagine why I couldn't guess that!!

Then there was this one about half an hour later:

"I really liked the ummmm.... what do you call them Mum? They go up and down and they're big and round."

I'm not kidding you, these were her exact descriptions. After a while she remembered:

It was JELLYFISH!

I cracked up laughing. I just loved the descriptions she gave!!

Anyway, that's it for now. Sorry, no photos today.

Take care everyone!!

No comments: