Monday, October 06, 2008

Somebody Save Me Please!??

This is a conversation I had with my 4 year old daughter (Lauren) this morning. This is typical of the daily conversations we have. It's amazing I haven't been institutionalised yet!!

To set the scene:

I was VERY tired, just woke up, hair was a mess, eyes barely open. I was on auto-pilot buttering some toast for her breakfast and she was on the bench watching me do it. As I dipped my knife in to the butter she asked:

"Is it cheese?"

Me, semi-comatose: "No, it's butter."

Lauren: "Ohhhh, butter ....... Can I lick it?"

Me, still comatose: "No"

L: "Hmmmm ............... can I eat it?" (meaning can she get a spoon and eat it)

Me: "No"

L: "Hmmmm ............................... Can I put my finger in it?"

Me: "NO!!!"

Somebody save me please!!

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

lol
i had a friend once
who took a BITE out of a stick of butter.
grossed me out enough that i never
looked at her the same again.
blech!!