Thursday, May 04, 2006

First and Last Day at Day Care!

Poor little Lauren ...... I thought I'd try sending her to Day Care as per the advice of her doctor and Aaron. They thought it would be good for her development to go to day care and to interact with other kids her age so I went along with it (even though I didn't feel 100% right about it). Luckily her first day they had a baby animal farm at the centre so when I left her she was happily patting all the baby animals. Later on when I rang they said she was a bit upset but she was settling down (I knew she probably wasn't - they were probably telling me that so I wouldn't worry). Half an hour later when I rang again they said it would probably be a good idea if I came to pick her up as she wasn't settling. So I drove over there at a million miles an hour (not far off!) and when I got there she had her head resting on her arms on her pillow and she was sobbing. It is an image I won't forget for a while. I felt so sorry for her. When she saw me she burst out crying, screaming in fact. She was sooooo upset. I'm surprised I didn't start balling myself! I did have a lump in my throat though I must admit! Anyway, we have given up on that idea - she won't be going back. She just isn't emotionally ready just yet - or me for that matter! We might try again in a year or two. It's still 3 years until she goes to school anyway so we have got plenty of time for that.

Aaron flies back home today ... yippee! He had to stay an extra day because they needed him. It'll be good to have him home!

No comments: