Thursday, May 08, 2008

Interesting Day .....

I had a very interesting day today.

I had to babysit Georgia today as she wasn't feeling well and Jodie had to work. She didn't need much babysitting. She sat on the lounge most of the day - easiest babysitting job ever!!

She gave me a bit of a scare this afternoon though. At about 4pm she started breathing really shallow and started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said the 4 words you never want to hear from a sick child "I can't breathe properly". She wasn't getting much air in to her lungs so I ran next door, asked our neighbour to look after Lauren and Ash while I raced her to the doctor.

As it turned out she had a severe asthma attack. I have never been so scared in my life! It's really scary when a kid has an asthma attack - especially when you have NO IDEA what you're doing!!

On a happier note, here is a picture of my latest creation ......




I am quite happy with it. Aaron likes it too which is always a good thing!


Anyway, I hope you all have a great night! Aaron's working tonight so I'm going to put the girls to bed soon and sit down to watch Lost!!

3 comments:

glo.riah said...

SCARY!!

(i can't see your pic!! is it just me?!)

glo.riah said...

there ya go!!
i can see the pic-
v. good work, mel...
i knew i should have commissioned you
to do a piece for me before i left...

xoxo

Sals said...

Mel, It's so scary isn't it!!! My family are big asthmatics so I've been around it all my life...and it's STILL SCARY!!!
Hope you had a good mothers day even though Aaron was aways!!