Friday, August 10, 2007

Long Time No Communicate!

Apologies for not blogging this week. I've had one sick kid after another! It has been a HORRIBLE winter for us this year! We seem to have caught everything that's going around! Poor Lauren has been consistently sick for the past 6 weeks! It's because she started Pre-School 2 months ago and she's being exposed to all the nasties out there!

Aaron's been traveling interstate a lot lately so I've been stripping beds at 2 o'clock in the morning from vomit and trying to console Lauren crying all on my own. NOT FUN!! I really missed him this week. I honestly don't know how single parents do it on their own!

Needless to say, whenever I've had a quiet moment this week I've been sleeping - trying to catch up on my missed hours sleep during the night!

Lauren's still not well. She has a high temperature and has been really clingy. She's on antibiotics but they are taking their time to work!

Ashleigh is doing well. She has been such a big help this week. She's been taking vomit towels to the laundry for me and been a tremendous help - all without complaint! She's such a good girl.

In other, more exciting news, we are booking our flights to New Zealand next week for Amanda's wedding - yep, at long last I get to go on a holiday!! I'm so looking forward to it! Can't Wait!!

Nana's visiting with us from New Zealand. She brought lots of pressies for us which was really nice. Ashleigh loves the animal felt board that she got and the skirt. We went around to visit Nana and Belinda yesterday and Ashleigh was very excited to see "HER Nana" again! She still calls our spare room "Nana's room" from when Nana stayed with us just after Lauren was born. We're looking forward to seeing her again on the weekend when we help Belinda move house! I'll try to remember to take photos!

I told my cousin today that Aaron is part polynesian - she didn't believe me! I guess it's his pale skin and lack of kiwi accent that makes it hard to believe.

Anyway, Lauren has just started coughing in her bed so I'd better go and rescue her before she coughs so much that she vomits again. There is NOTHING worse than vomit! Grose!

Bye for now!

No comments: