Thursday, August 23, 2007

Confessions of a desperate mother!

I did a horrible thing today. As you all know Lauren isn't well at the moment so the sleep deprivation is starting to get to me. Tonight I was frantically trying to make dinner and help Ashleigh with her homework and keep Lauren entertained all at the same time when the stupid cat decided to come and sit right at my feet because I was chopping up chicken. He drove me nuts - I kept tripping over him and treading on his tail. Every time I kicked him to get out of the way he came STRAIGHT back again!! Stupid animal!!

Out of desperation I grabbed the spray water bottle from under the sink and squirted him on the face with water. You should've seen him run!! He did not like it one bit! But as he is so stupid he came back again so again he got sprayed in the face. After about 4 sprays he got the idea.

Then Lauren started driving me nuts - she kept screaming everytime Ashleigh tried to help her with something and she was constantly whining so I saw the water bottle sitting there on the kitchen bench ........ you can imagine the thoughts running through my head "should I, shouldn't I?".

Here is my confession ..... I did it!! I sprayed her on her chest - at least I didn't aim for her face - I get points for that don't I? This is the horrible, desperate things I do when I have had 3 nights of no sleep!!

So there's my confession - I'm a horrible mother but I tell ya - it shut her up too!!

Long live the spray water bottle!

No comments: