Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ashleigh's Celebration Night

Last night we had Ashleigh's Celebration night at her school. It is basically a night to celebrate the end of another year and to congratulate the Kindy students on doing such a great job. They sang and danced and were presented with their awards!

The night didn't get off to a good start for us though. About 10 minutes before it was time to leave Ashleigh was all dressed up in her school uniform with her hair all done and I told her to go in and wash her face because she had some dinner on her face. Five minutes later she came out crying and asked me if she was bleeding on her face. I had a look and sure enough she was bleeding. In her hand I saw one of my disposable razors I use to shave my legs. "What are you doing with that?" "Why are you bleeding?". She had decided to get the razor out and shave her face like Daddy does! It's times like these that your patience is really tested. I couldn't yell at her because she would start to cry even more and I wanted her to be happy for the Celebration night and not arrive crying. It took AGES to stop bleeding. It bled all the way in the car there and only just stopped bleeding as we were walking up to the school.

It's times like these you wonder why kids do the things they do! It all ended up well though. She didn't cry and did a great job singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer!

Needless to say she will never touch a razor again!

No comments: