Friday, August 20, 2010

Things That Make You Go Hmmm....

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the last couple of days.
It's been about 18 degrees, sun shining and the sweet smell of blossoms in the air.

With the change in weather I decided to look at my priorities and sort some things out.
So, I re-joined Weight Watchers on Thursday.
I weighed in and nearly died of shock.
I'm the heaviest I've been in nearly 7 years!
And I feel it.
I've been so lethargic and down on myself.

But today I feel good.
I've been watching what I put in my mouth.
I've reduced the amount of chocolate and junk food I eat.
I started walking again and I'm loving it.
I just hope I'm not disappointed when I weigh in next week.
But I won't let it stop me if I don't do well.
I need to lose 15 kilos to be happy.

I've tried losing weight on my own in the past but never really succeeded.
I need to be accountable for my weight loss (or lack of) and Weight Watchers does that for me.

We found out a really good friend of Aaron's died on Wednesday.
It was so unexpected and came as a complete shock.
My heart goes out to his wife and 8 kids.
It's going to be a difficult ride for them in the coming months.
When things like this happen it makes you appreciate your life and the ones you love!

No comments: