Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Family Photo

I was sent this photo today from an uncle.

It's a picture of my grandfather (Mum's Dad) Eric Bailey as best man (I assume) and his brother Walter Bailey Jnr as the groom and his wife Ina Tarbert on their wedding day - 24 April 1937. Not sure who the bridesmaid is (looks like a man in drag if you ask me).

My grandfather almost looks like a vampire! Or does it just look that way to me because I'm currently reading a book about vampires and I have vampires on the mind!?

I just LOVE old photos. I've been wanting to put a whole bunch of photos into frames and hang them on a wall somewhere. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I need some inspiration on how to do it.

I was talking to a friend today and we were talking about how
Ignorance is Bliss
!

Gone are the days when I can do 4 loads of washing and wash the car on the same day
and not have to worry about water restrictions.

Gone are the days when I can have all the lights on in the house and not have to
worry about the consequences it has on the environment.

Gone are the days when I can just throw something in the bin and not have to worry about
the impact every little piece of rubbish is having on land fill.

I almost feel guilty every time I clean up - and I used to love cleaning up so much.

It's no wonder we're a stressed out bunch of people!

Well that's it for now peeps.

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

yeah,
it's the guilt that keeps me
on my toes.
gone are the days i let the water
run while i brush my teeth!!