Monday, January 14, 2008

Passports ...... Check!

Tomorrow we're off to New Zealand and we are all very excited!

We're pretty much packed already - just got the last minute things to pack that we can't pack until tomorrow.

It's going to be an early start as our flight leaves at 10.15am so we need to leave home around 6.30am - so that means a 5.30am wake up!! Ouch!

I won't be blogging for a while but I'll fill you all in on our return!

Take care!!

By the way, I had a couple of queries about what a 72 hour kit is on my last entry. A 72 hour kit is a bag (usually a backpack) you pack for an emergency evacuation - in case of flood, fire, devastation etc. So if you have to evacuate in a hurry you can just grab your 72 hour kit and survive for 3 days with what's inside, ie. food, water, torch, radio, waterproof matches - basic survival equipment. Let's hope we never have to use it. It's great to have just in case.

2 comments:

glo.riah said...

good idea!!

have fun in NZ!!
take lots of pics!!

Sals said...

when are you getting back??? Hopefully I'll be able to take those photo of the kids for you before school starts again! :) I sent you an email so call me when you get back.