Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy Christmas/New Year!

Well I managed to survive a Christmas without a camera this year!

Ashleigh dropped our digital camera the week before Christmas so we were unable to take photos. I wasn't very happy about that but moreso I wasn't happy about the price tag that would come with having our camera repaired!

Last week I took our broken camera in to the guys at Domayne and they told me it would cost about $180 to get it fixed and it would only cost $98 to get a brand new camera! Our current camera is only 3.5 megapixels and the new one was 6 megapixels. It's a shame I didn't enquire about it before Christmas!!

I raced over to tell Aaron the "good news" and with that he grabbed our broken camera off me and jiggled it around a little bit and *wuhluh* he managed to fix it. My face went from extreme excitement at the prospect of getting a new camera to major disappointment about fixing our broken one! For those of you who know Aaron you know that he will do anything to get out of spending money!

But having said that, our old one is still really good and it has never given us any trouble so I'm happy with it for the time being. Maybe I'll get a new camera for my birthday!?!?!!

Our Christmas was nice this year. We had Christmas Eve dinner at our house this year with Jodie and Greg and the kids and Nathan.

Christmas Day we were woken at 6.15 am by a very excited Ashleigh tugging at our doona screaming about how many presents Santa left for her!! We told her it was still a bit early and that Lauren was still asleep so we told her to go back to her room and rest until Lauren woke up.

Amazingly Lauren woke up only 10 minutes later (with a lot of poking and prodding from her older sister I'm sure). So we reluctantly got out of bed and started opening presents. The girls were very happy with their gifts this year. Thank you to everyone for your gifts. The girls loved all of them.

The rest of the day was spent at Mum and Dad's. This is always an enjoyable day but I was very tired. I fell asleep on the lounge about 3pm. We stayed at Mum and Dad's all day - the kids swam, we watched DVDs and had a lovely roast lunch. At about 4pm the rest of the family arrived and we started opening gifts. It was lots of fun!!

Sorry I don't have any photos to post of this exciting day. I hope you all had a great Christmas!

Our New Year's was REALLY good this year! We went into Deb and Trev's apartment in the city and watched the fireworks! What a fantastic to bring in the New Year!!! It was awesome! Something I'd like to do again!

Here's a photo of Deb and I on New Years Eve.




Here's a photo of the girls with their cousin Olivia on New Years Day!

1 comment:

glo.riah said...

LMAO

you had james and i rolling with laughter- we could actually "see" aaron fixing that camera!!