Monday, June 14, 2010

Why Do They Call It A Sleep Over?

This year we decided to throw Ashleigh a sleep over party for her 9th birthday!
She has been begging me for years to have a sleep over party and this year I thought she was responsible and old enough to have one! Hmmmm, that was a bad assumption!
I've never had so many excited, screaming 9 year old girls in one place at one time!
Let's just say it was very noisy in our house that night!

I went a little crazy on the decorations!

I wrapped chuppa chups with tissue paper and ribbon (as you do).
I stuck prizes in organza bags and hung them on my "easter tree".
I made flowers out of tissue paper to stick on the walls and had waaaay too many lollies:


I also made up a couple of guessing competitions:


And we had some craft - making necklaces!


I also made some flags to hang from the roof (see photo below).

They all seemed to have such a good time!
But having said that, I won't be having another sleep over party for a very long time (if ever)!
At least not with 7 girls! Maybe 4?!?
Surprisingly they were all asleep by 10.45pm.
I think they were exhausted from all the dancing they did at the disco!

Here are some photos from the night!


From back:
Ash, Lauren A, Abbey, Charlotte
Lauren B, Jamison, Brooke K, Brooke M, Lucy and Alyssa

And this is the sleep over group!
Yep, we squeezed this many girls in to one room!



And finally, this is the best part - all the girls crashed out!!

Here is a photo of Ash's cards - she wanted me to take this photo!


All I can say is, I'm so glad it's over!!

No comments: