Monday, February 08, 2010

New Shoes

We had a bit of a bad start to the year this year.
I thought I'd be super organised and buy the girls school shoes early on in January so that they had their shoes ready to start the school year.
Problem is I wasn't anticipating Lauren's feet growing so darned fast.
By the time the first day of school rolled around her feet had outgrown the new shoes.
Then when I went to take them back to get some bigger ones all the shops had sold out of shoes in her size!

So I've got some on order - yep, only the expensive ones are available now so I'm paying almost 3 times as much as the original pair I bought.
Let's hope her feet don't grow anymore this year so they last her 12 months!

Then on Ashleigh's first sport day I realised I hadn't bought her any new sneakers!
So, on the weekend we went for a drive in to the city to the New Balance Outlet store and bought the girls some brand new sneakers!


They love their new shoes!
Lauren loves hers because they are pink.
And Ashleigh loves hers because they are "cool".
We got them for such a good price. Lauren's shoes were $110 down to $45.
Ashleigh's shoes were $99 down to $45!

So we're set for shoes now!!

No comments: