Monday, January 04, 2010

Technology Dummy Spit!!

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while.

Our computers died a few weeks ago. Yes, both of them!
One of them got a virus - we can't even turn the darned thing on
And the other one is so ruddy slow it's painful to work on.

So we're using Aaron's lap top at the moment and it has very few programs on it that I'm used to using.

I can't find the driver for our camera so I can't download photos.
So this post will have to be a photo free one!

We had a really great Christmas.
It was very relaxed. So relaxed I forgot to get photos taken of the girls with Santa!
The first year ever!
I guess I did santa a favour by not putting Lauren on his knee!
He may have had to go in for knee surgery if I had've.
She now weighs more than Ashleigh!

Aaron and I decided not to buy each other anything for Christmas this year.
Instead we bought a new lounge!!!
I'm so excited! I can't wait to get it but it doesn't arrive for another 6-8 weeks!
But that's OK. It will make me appreciate it even more when it does arrive!

The next thing I'd like to get is a trundle bed for Ashleigh.
She is often having sleep overs and her friends are now getting too big to sleep on our flimsy spare mattress!
But we may have to wait a while for that one!

We had an amazing New Years!
We took the girls in to a friends apartment in Pyrmont and watched the fireworks!
It was the biggest year yet - they spent $5 Million on fireworks this year!
The girls were absolutely amazed by it all!
That's literally $5 Million up in smoke!
But well worth it!
It took us almost 2 hours to get home though as they close the Harbour Bridge and we had to battle millions of other people to get home!

Some other great news ......
Lauren was accepted into a "Support Class" next year at a school really close by!
This is unheard of as there are only about 5 schools in Sydney's West that offer support classes and each of those classes only accommodate 10 students!
It was truly a blessing that she was accepted!
We just don't know what we are going to do with Ashleigh - should we send her to the same school or keep her where she is!?? What to do!?

As is customary, we made some New Year's Resolutions:

Here they are:
1. Lose 10-15 kilos
2. Eat healthier
3. Cut down (considerably) on takeaway food
4. Be more organised at planning family meals
5. Pay off all our debt!
6. Be more charitable
7. Go to New Zealand!

Anyway, that's about it for now.
Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos soon!

No comments: